Dear BMS Community:
Welcome back to the 2021-20212 school year. Even though this school year is again unique and challenging, we as a PTO would like to do all we can to make this year as wonderful as possible for our BMS students, faculty, and staff.
Who we are:
The Barrington Middle School Parent Teacher Organization (BMS PTO) is a non-profit organization with a mission to enhance and enrich the education of all students at BMS. Through the generous efforts of our parents, teachers and our community, the BMS PTO is able to have a profound impact on the educational experience of our children at BMS.
Why Join the PTO?
Being a member allows you to:
- Have a voice on key issues that come before the PTO, such as grant allocations and how money is allocated, share ideas and vote on important issues.
- Be in the know about school events and volunteer opportunities.
- Meet members of our school community-teachers, parents and guardians- who share a common goal of enhancing and enriching the education of all students at BMS.
A family membership is $20 and can be purchased through the PTOffice Store.
Why should you make a direct contribution?
We hope you will consider joining the BMS PTO while also making a direct contribution, knowing that your donation is funding exciting programs for our students and your children. Your membership in the PTO and contributions will provide our children with additional enrichment and educational opportunities. The BMS PTO does not have an annual fundraiser and as such relies on your membership fees and kind contributions.
For example, funds raised by the PTO have been used to provide the following:-
- School wide guest speakers including Lynn Lyons and David Flood
- Virtual enrichment class with the Troubadors
- 8th Grade Bridging Ceremony
- Screening of Screenagers
- One Amazing Night
- Library materials and books
- Stereo headsets for all 6th grade ELA Classrooms
- Audio Listening Station for Razz Cluster
- Strategy board games and puzzles for Red Cluster
- Picade Console Kits for the STEAM department
- Funding two school wide author visits to launch the new BMS Media Center
- Funding of a Sports and Extracurricular fund to enhance the experience of students at BMS
- School Wide Directory
Direct contributions can be made through our online store or through checks made out to BMS PTO sent into the school.
The BMS PTO is a registered 501 3(c) all contributions are tax deductible. We would also love to participate in any matching programs your employer may have.
Please join the BMS PTO today and help support our children’s education!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU for your support!
BMS PTO Board